I had some problems installing the under-the-radar Flash 10 Debug version mentioned in a couple blogs in the past months. So here is my work around just in case anyone else can’t seem to get Flash 10 to trace to their flashlog.txt.
1. Download installer from Adobe’s svn repository and select your OS [the rest of these steps are for mac, mind you, but you'll get the idea].
2. Unarchive and mount “Install Flash Player 10 UB.dmg”
3. Here’s the funny part, I couldn’t install the package. I got an error saying “nothing to install”, so instead, right click on “Adobe Flash Player.pkg” and choose “Show Package Contents”. It should show two archives, a plist, pkginfo and a resources folder.
4. Unarchive “Archive.pax.gz” to your desktop.
5. Inside you’ll find “Flash Player.plugin,” “flashplayer.xpt” and “version.txt.” The version.txt file says the player is version 188.8.131.52, but after looking at the info for “Flash Player.plugin” you’ll see it’s version 10.0.0.525, which isn’t the newest, but it traces and that’s what I need it for.
6. Copy “Flash Player.plugin” and “flashplayer.xpt” to your internet plugin folder, on my machine that’s /Library/Internet Plug-Ins
7. Restart FireFox/Safari/whatever.
I’m sorry if this info is un-needed, I definitely needed it, maybe everyone else can simply install that package, but I couldn’t, so that’s the fix. Happy coding.